Wednesday, December 17, 2008

#8 RJ::Leak

Typical morning; but isn't that how all adventures start? Popped into the office just a few minutes behind schedule, and was relieved to see that a friendly colleague had already started a pot of coffee. Grab a cup, and start the work day. About two cups later, a familiar urge hits the lower intestine. Time to go.

Topping off my coffee cup on the way out the door, I wave to another (less then friendly) colleague just making her way in (at the time I didn't see the significance of this bad omen). I checked my watch, hoping that I still had a few minutes before James, the local custodial engineer, made the rounds. No dice. So I made the quick trek up to the bathroom directly above. Swung open the door and stared... water was pouring like a fountain from between the ceiling tiles. Regained my composure, and dialed the facilities manager to alert him of the massive leak.

I wish I could say this was the first time I had to call in a bathroom failure, but I've been on the dialing end twice before. Same situation. Luckily, I was not having a bathroom emergency of my own, and I safely made it to the third restroom on my contingency route.

No comments:

Post a Comment